Search This Blog

Friday, November 12, 2010

Getting things ready for a sale tomorrow at A UNIQUE HOUSE, King George, VA

I finished the dollhouse I have been working on.  It is a small 4 room house that I did up thinking a little girl would love it.  Of course it is PINK.  I stained all the floors and scored them to look like hard wood floors.  I wallpapered all the walls in various patterns of doll house wallpapers.  The outside is pink with white trim.  It looks so pretty.  I priced and put into clear sleeves a lot of cards that I have been making.  I wish I had a Christmasy box for them to sit in but for now a clear shoe box will have to do.  The most amazing thing I have been working on and finished is a Christmas living room scene.  It is on a board with no walls.  I put a spiral staircase as the focal point.  I stained the staircase and cut white card stock for the risers.  Very striking with a white Christmas tree under the staircase.  Next to it is a fireplace with a Christmas mantel swag on the front.  There are boxes of toys and wrapped presents under the tree, too.  A rocking chair sits off to the side with a teddy bear on the seat and cloth folded across the back that looks like a quilt.  If you peek behind the tree and stairs you see a rocking horse waiting for a child to come down on Christmas morning.  I had too much fun putting the scene all together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment