Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I am back. I am so sorry for being gone so long.

     We have had some serious health issues the last few years but everything is fine now.  We also had a new house built and moved from Maryland to Virginia.  We are settled in and I have a wonderful craft area in the basement.
     I have been playing with my Silhouette Cameo and loving it.  My Cricut Expressions is not forgotten though.  One of my new passions is making mini albums.  I use both machines to help me out with these projects.  For those of you who do not know, the Silhouette Cameo does not use cartridges.  It also does not have to be hooked up to the Internet.  I first really heard about it thru http://www.capadiadesign.com/ newsletter.  I had thought it was an other machine like my Expression.  I took notice when Diane, from Capadia Designs, showed a flower her husband had grown in their yard but she had used the Cameo to print and cut it out.  WOW!  I liked that and learned all I could about this wonderful machine.  Now I also know that I can design my own things, also.  There are loads of YouTube videos showing you the basics and advanced projects or ways to do things with it.  I buy some designs from www.SilhouetteAmerica.com and others from various sites that sell .svg files.
This bear file was purchased from www.littlescrapsofheavendesigns.com  I made the frame to fit the bear using Silhouette software.

This card design was purchased from www.svgcuts.com.  The stamp is from CTMH.

After I made the camper card I decided to make a "shaped" card using the camper from www.svgcuts.com.  I first made the top of the camper flatter, duplicated the image, flipped it and welded it to the original.  I folded it in half and had a shaped card.  Then I just layered it.

I had seen something like this online.  I thought I can make it with my Silhouette software - and I did.  I made a couple other versions, too.

I purchased the basic card design with the cut out of the Christmas tree.  Then I just measured and cut out the decorative panels for the card.  


No comments:

Post a Comment