Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Puppy Love

I thought this new MOUTHFULS stamp from Art Impressions would make a cute Valentine Day card for a friend.  I stamped the big dog onto decorative paper using Black Stazon and cut him out.  Then I stamped the wagon using  Marvy Marker, English Red, onto watercolor paper.  I inked up the puppies with Sepia Marvy Marker and stamped it so the puppies look as though they are ready for a ride.  I took a damp paint brush #4, and pulled the ink into and around the wagon to color it.  I rinsed my brush and did the same for the puppies.  I took a fine point black marker to mark over the puppies eyes to accent them.  Before gluing the big dog onto the paper I stamped the clouds with a blue marker and again pulled the color with a damp brush.  The same with the grass.  I repeatedly stamped the grass across the bottom of the page.  I stamped the heart with BE MINE already on it and cut it out,  I slit the big dogs mouth and slid the heart in it.  I stamped his hat on decorative paper, cut it out and glued it onto his head.  I used the same decorative paper to make a layer under the stamped image and mounted both onto a A2 size card, ready to get mailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment